Core Class Details.
Deadline to Apply is June 4, 2021 at 4pm
The Selection Committee identifies those individuals who will use their leadership skills for the long-term benefit of the community, thus fulfilling Leadership Lancaster’s purpose of broad participation that creates stewards of a dynamic community. Selection is based upon the information provided in the application.
The criteria for selection are:
• Potential for community leadership
• Achievement of goals
• Motivation for applying
• Commitment to the Lancaster community
• Contribution to the overall strength of the class
In order to be considered for the Core Class of 2022, a fully completed application (application, commitment form, two references, and scholarship requests, if applicable) must be submitted to the Leadership Lancaster by the May 28th deadline. All applicants who represent organizations/businesses need the full support of their employers regardless of financial support. Applicants will receive written notification from Leadership Lancaster about their candidacy for the program by July.
Leadership Lancaster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.
Course requirements: attendance at all scheduled classes, active participation within the Community Action Teams and CAT group presentation, community board observation, government observation, and an arts and culture observation. The Core Program is an experiential learning environment. Some of the Core Class sessions may require physical activities including, but not limited to, walking distances. If you should need accommodations, or have any concerns you would like to discuss, please contact the Leadership Lancaster office at (717) 394-9393 or email email@example.com. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations.
• Attendance at the opening retreat is mandatory. If you cannot commit to the 2-day retreat in its entirety, it is not in your best interest to apply at this time.
• No more than 2 days of excused absences are permitted. Late arrivals and/or early departures from program days could be considered absences.
• Any session absences must be approved by Leadership Lancaster.
Community Action Teams offer opportunities to practice team building, team processing, and leadership skills through the exploration of community topics. Class members will be divided into small groups to focus on a specific issue our community is facing. Team building, delegation, conflict resolution, and communication skills are exercised during this collaborative process. The process is the learning emphasis for this experience. There will be some time allotted during the class days, but there will be an additional time commitment needed outside the classroom to meet with individual small groups.
Unless otherwise stated, sessions are held from 7:30am until 5:00pm
Dates and times are subject to change. *Mandatory
• Thursday, September 9, 2020: Opening Retreat (daytime) AND Community Reception (evening)*
• Friday, September 10, 2020: Opening Retreat*
• Friday, October 1, 2020: County Tour
• Friday, October 15, 2020: Health & Human Services
• Friday, November 5, 2020: Understanding Differences
• Friday, December 3, 2020: Arts & Culture
• Friday, January 7, 2021: Public Policy & Economic Development (1/15/21 inclement weather makeup)
• Friday, February 4, 2021: Leadership Advantage (2/12/21 inclement weather makeup)
• Friday, March 4, 2021: Public Education (3/12/20 inclement weather makeup)
• Wednesday, April 8, 2021: Law & Justice
• Friday, April 22, 2021: CAT Presentations
• Friday, May 6, 2021: Closing Retreat**
• Thursday, May 12, 2021: Graduation (evening)